Today, I woke up to much-needed sunshine after two days of rain in NYC. And no, it wasn’t the sun so much but rather my blog’s nomination for a ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’.
‘cause and yvette’ was nominated for the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’ by ‘MummyInTheMadHouse‘ (Don’t you just love that name?) [MITMH] + I couldn’t be happier. Out of the many blogs submitted for review, MITMH‘s fellow blogger Gena Horlock deserves a big THANK YOU for taking the time to carefully screen my blog + deem it worthy of such an honor!
But what is a ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’? Well for those of you who don’t know, it is a nomination given to bloggers that are considered creative + inspiring by other bloggers. It’s really a great way to show your appreciation + support of a fellow blogger who knows all too well the highs + lows of crafting engaging + unique content. Once nominated, a blogger needs to follow the instructions below:
1-Write a post in which they thank the blogger for nominating them + link back to their blog. [👌] 2-Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated them. [👌] 3-Nominate eleven other blogs + give them eleven questions to answer. 4-Notify your nominees. 5-List the rules + display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post. [👌]
Here are the answers to my 11 questions asked by MummyInTheMadHouse‘s Gena Horlock:
- What made you choose your topic in blogging? After my brief stint of writing for ‘FULL FRONTAL FASHION’, I realized how much I enjoyed writing about my passions-fashion, art, architecture, film, photography, beauty, style + anything else that influences one’s lifestyle. Once it folded, to continue satisfying my writing itch, I decided to start my own blog.
- What motto do you live by? #Respectthehustle
- What is the biggest challenge you had to overcome while starting your blog? My biggest challenge was leaving it all up to fate + taking that giant leap of faith of believing people would be interested in reading about what I had to say.
- If you had the opportunity to interview anyone you like and feature them who would it be? Hands down, it would have to be stylist Catherine Baba. Baba’s personal style is inimitable, exciting + quite eccentric but one of the first questions I would need answering is, “How do you ride your bicycle wearing 4 inch Louboutins?” (pic: Tommy Ton, instyle.com)
- Who is your favorite blogger? There are several, but if I had to pick one it would have to be Claire Sulmers of The Bomb Life. (Claire Sulmers @ Sheen Magazine’s Legendary Weekend) I had the pleasure of hearing her speak at a Simply Stylist blogger conference here in New York + she was more than inspiring. Her personal style sense, her writing style + contributions she makes through her blog, add value that shapes our lives as women including topics ranging from fashion to business. If you can, pick up her book, ‘The Bomb Life: My Brand. My Terms‘ to read about her journey to unrelenting success.
- If given the opportunity to mentor a new blogger, what single piece of advice would you give them? Be authentic + find your own voice. Although the numbers do matter, your numbers are only as good as your original content.
- What is something interesting that most people don’t know about you? I love to cook.
- You have a chance to replay your childhood game/video game. What would it be? I always became too invested, to the point of moving the gaming controller with every movement, including kicking my legs in different directions, prompting me to just stop playing.
- Name a blogger you would love to collaborate with. A force to be reckoned, Susie Lau of ‘Style Bubble‘, would be an ultimate dream. Her personal style is awe-inspiring.
- What would you like to achieve by end of 2017? Attract more readers.
- What would you like to tell your readers? To be patient with me + not lose interest, as I’m not always able to post content on a daily basis, but, when I do, I always try to make it fun + interesting.
If you would like a chance to be nominated, leave a blog comment with your blog URL for consideration. The winners will be announced Friday, May 12th.