Lomography, who prides itself on innovative + experimental photography, launched a Kickstarter campaign for its first instant camera, the Lomo’Instant, that you just can’t miss. Besides the four different designs (above) it comes in – the Sanremo Edition, Black Edition, White Edition, + the Kickstarter Special Edition – the Lomo’Instant Camera is jam packed with cool features.
Reasons why to cop a Lomo’Instant Camera yesterday:
- Advanced Lens System: One built-in Wide Angle lens with 0.4m closest focusing distance, plus additional Fisheye + Portrait lens attachments available.
- 3 Shooting Modes: Shoot photos with auto-flash on for immediate great results, or take direct control with manual shooting modes (with flash + without flash).
- Unlimited Multiple Exposures: Combine multiple shots on one frame for amazing experimental instants.
- Infinite Long Exposures: Perfect for low light, dawn/dusk + nighttime shooting. Get artistic with light painting + create beautiful light streaked instants!
- Color Gels: Transform your photos with color (in a flash!) by shooting with fun color gels!
- Easy 2 Step-Focusing: Quickly get the shot you want.
- Uses Fujifilm Instax Mini Film: The most widely available instant film on Earth.
- Tripod Mount + Cable Release Thread: Advanced extras for ultra-impressive instant photography!
With still about a month to go, the Kickstarter campaign has already raised more than three times its goal of $100,000. Sadly, all of the Early Bird Launch Deals have all been snatched by eager backers, but don’t fret my pet, the White or Black Edition for $79 + the Sanremo or Kickstarter Special Edition for $99 are still available to order.
True, it blows that the cameras are scheduled to ship in November, but think of it as an early holiday gift for yourself or another special someone. The retail price for the camera is expected to be between $120 + $150, which is totes cheap, considering how much this one camera can do.